Participation in online competitions on the website www.bvb.de and the execution of these are subject to the following provisions. Online competitions are competitions in which participation is only possible online.
§ 1 Competition
The "BVB Secret Santa" competition shall be executed by Borussia Dortmund GmbH & Co. KGaA in collaboration with BVB Merchandising GmbH and Sports & Bytes GmbH durchgeführt.
§ 2 Participation
(1) Adults shall be eligible for participation. Minors require the consent of their legal guardian to participate, unless their participation is expressly ruled out.
(2) An individual shall take part in the competition by completing the entry form and confirming his/her entry with the "Submit" button. The Participant shall be responsible for the accuracy, especially of his/her e-mail address. The competition answers and the entry form must be received within the period specified in the competition. The electronically logged receipt of the entry shall serve to verify the observance of this period.
(3) All the personal information provided must be true for participation in the competition. Otherwise, the Participant may be excluded in accordance with § 3 (4).
§ 3 Exclution from the competition
(1) Employees of Borussia Dortmund GmbH & Co. KGaA, BVB Merchandising GmbH as well as their relatives, shall be excluded from participation.
(2) In the event of a breach of these conditions of participation, Borussia Dortmund reserves the right to exclude persons from the competition.
(3) Persons who use unauthorised aids or otherwise gain an advantage through manipulation shall also be excluded. If applicable, winnings can also be withdrawn or demanded back retrospectively in these cases.
(4) Anyone who provides untrue personal information may be excluded from the competition.
§ 4 Execution and processing
(1) The competition shall expire on 18th December 2019 at 23:59. In the following days, the winners, who shall be determined by lot, shall be informed by Borussia Dortmund by e-mail. The prizes shall be sent by post by Borussia Dortmund.
(2) The products that are presented visually as prizes in the context of the competition shall not necessarily be identical to the items won. There may be deviations with respect to the model, colour or similar. Borussia Dortmund GmbH & Co. KGaA (in collaboration with BVB Merchandising GmbH and Sports & Bytes GmbH) can select an item of average kind and quality that has an equivalent value to the item presented as the prize.
(3) A cash payment instead of the prizes or of any substitute prize shall not be possible under any circumstances.
(4) The entitlement to the prize or substitute prize cannot be assigned.
(5) Complaints that relate to the execution of the competition must be sent in writing to Borussia Dortmund GmbH & Co. KGaA, BVB-Serviceteam, Rheinlanddamm 207-209, 44137 Dortmund, quoting the competition, within 14 days of becoming aware of the reason. Complaints communicated by telephone or late shall not be processed.
§ 5 Premature end to the competition
Borussia Dortmund reserves the right to cancel or end to the competition at any time without prior notice and without stating reasons. Borussia Dortmund shall in particular make use of this option when a proper execution of the competition cannot be guaranteed for technical reasons (e.g. viruses in the computer system, manipulation or errors in the hardware and/or software) or for legal reasons. If such an end to the competition is caused by the conduct of a participant, Borussia Dortmund may demand compensation for the damage incurred from this person.
§ 6 Data protection
Borussia Dortmund undertakes to observe the statutory provisions on data protection. Please refer to the General Data Protection Regulation in particular. The information provided shall be used solely for determining the winner, unless a Participant has expressly subscribed to the BVB newsletter and confirmed this in a subsequent e-mail by clicking on an unique link. Then the personal data (title, first name, surname, date of birth and post code) will be used to send the Participant the BVB newsletter and further information (e.g. birthday greetings) regularly by e-mail. (The telephone number is only required for reaching winners at short notice by telephone and shall not be used for advertising purposes.) This consent can be revoked at any time within the newsletter or by an informal communication by post or by e-mail to email@example.com. The data shall only be passed on to third parties if there is a legal obligation or if passing on the data is necessary for a prosecution on account of an abuse of the competition offers.
§ 7 Liability
(1) Borussia Dortmund shall be freed from all its obligations when the prize is handed over, unless an earlier time is specified in these provisions.
(2) Borussia Dortmund shall only be liable for damages that are caused by Borussia Dortmund or one of its vicarious agents through willful intent or gross negligence or through the infringement of cardinal obligations. This shall not apply to damages as a result of the loss of life, physical injury and/or damage to health. The aforementioned limitation of liability shall particularly apply to damages as a result of errors, delays or interruptions in the transmission of data or similar, or in the event of disruptions to the technical systems or the service, incorrect contents, the loss or deletion of data, or viruses.
§ 8 Miscellaneous provisions
(1) All decisions are final and not subject to legal recourse.
(2) The law of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply exclusively.
§ 9 Facebook promotion
This promotion has no connection with Facebook and is not sponsored, supported or organised by Facebook in any way. The recipient of the information provided by you shall not be Facebook, but Borussia Dortmund GmbH & Co. KGaA in collaboration with BVB Merchandising GmbH and Sports & Bytes GmbH. The information provided shall be used solely for determining the winner, unless you have expressly subscribed to the BVB newsletter and confirmed this in a subsequent e-mail.
As at: 19/11/2019